Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts announced the opening of Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, the company's 200th hotel in Asia Pacific.
Located in Western China's gateway city of Chengdu, the 289-room Waldorf Astoria Chengdu is housed within the high-end in99 Plaza, a 190,000 square meter mixed-use development comprising a retail mall, office towers, and apartment towers.
"As Hilton's 200th hotel in Asia Pacific, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu marks a key milestone in our company's growth in this region in spectacular style," said Martin Rinck, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton. "Our ambition is to be everywhere our customers want to be, as the most hospitable company in the world. With more destinations than ever before in Asia Pacific, including nearly 400 hotels in the pipeline, we're on our way to achieving that."
A 52-storey, art deco inspired landmark that weaves classic elegance with modern luxury, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu offers guests an inspirational environment in the new financial district of Chengdu Hi-Tech Zone.
The hotel also enjoys easy access to the city, with the nearest Metro station located just 600m, or an eight-minute walk, from the hotel. The Southern Railway Station, New Century Global Center, and New International Exhibition & Convention Center are also nearby.
"Waldorf Astoria Chengdu joins a rapidly growing luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific," said John T.A. Vanderslice, global head, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. "As we continue to debut iconic properties in the world's most sought-after destinations, it is an honor to introduce our brand to such a vital city in China's past, present and future. We look forward to showcasing our signature True Waldorf Service and offering guests the unforgettable experiences that are synonymous with our luxury brand."
Guest rooms at Waldorf Astoria Chengdu start from a spacious 50 square meters, each elegantly-furnished and featuring the signature Waldorf Astoria bed, a walk-in closet, marble bathrooms with double vanities, and modern entertainment amenities. A personal concierge cabinet at the entryway of each room ensures convenience and allows for discreet service at all times.
Waldorf Astoria Chengdu features six restaurants and bars, including:
• Brasserie 99 is a European-style brasserie that serves innovative and inspired flavors from around the world. With grand chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide views of the city, this is the place for an elegant dining experience.
• Infinite Luck Chinese Restaurant serves a wide array of Cantonese specialties. The décor is bold and sophisticated, and the restaurant has four private dining rooms for family celebrations and business functions.
• Peacock Alley Lobby Lounge and Bar was modeled after the New York original and features 'live' piano and violin music. With an elegant 'living room' vibe, it has marble, brass, and Art Deco detailing, and offers the signature Waldorf Astoria Afternoon Tea.
• Limited Edition Grill is a casual American grill restaurant, where guests can see the chefs in action. Styled by renowned designer Jeffrey Beers, this restaurant features prime cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and a magnificent wine list.
• Limited Edition SIP Wine Bar showcases artisanal spirits, craft beers, and fine wines from around the world. The setting is refined, with luxurious wooden décor and plush leather seating that add to the welcoming ambience.
• Wall Street Bar on the 52nd floor is a rooftop bar where guests can sip premium small-batch whiskeys and gins, while the resident DJ spins classic jazz, big band grooves, Detroit techno, funk soul, nu-disco, and deep-tech house music. (Opening soon)
For events, the hotel offers a grand ballroom and five meeting rooms, with a combined area of over 2,000 square meters. Private elevators from the lobby and car park provide swift access to meeting areas, and large service elevators facilitate events with bigger set-ups.
For pampering and relaxation, the Waldorf Astoria Spa offers private treatment suites and premium products from June Jacobs and Valmont. Other wellness options include a 24-hour fitness center with personal TV displays and music docking stations, as well as a steam room, sauna, ice shower, salt rooms, and 25-meter heated indoor pool offering views of the skyline from the 48th floor.
Waldorf Astoria Chengdu participates in Hilton Honors®, the only guest loyalty program where guests who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits, including complimentary Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose any combination of points and money to book a stay.