InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has just signed deals for 10 new properties in Western China across seven of its brands.
The properties will encompass brands in the luxury, upscale and midscale segments, with some already having a notable presence in China and others that are more recent introductions. Opening dates for the properties have yet to be announced.
Speaking about the signings, Jolyon Bulley, CEO of IHG Greater China said that the group's expansion was "a strong demonstration of [its] confidence and commitment to both the west and entire Chinese market".
The 10 new properties will include:
• InterContinental Chengdu Shawan. Located in northern Chengdu, Sichuan province, the hotel is the third Intercontinental-brand hotel in the city and will be situated adjacent to shopping malls and within walking distance to the district government.
• Hualuxe Guiyang Financial City. Located in northern Guiyang, Guizhou province, the hotel is situated among financial businesses and is particularly focused on the corporate events sector. IHG describes Hualuxe Hotels and Resorts as an upscale international hotel brand specifically designed for Chinese guests.
• Crowne Plaza Mianyang High-Tech Zone. Located in Mianyang City in Sichuan Province, this hotel is situated among numerous high-tech enterprises and will cater to business travellers in particular.
• Hotel Indigo Puzhehei. This boutique hotel will be the first international branded hotel in the Puzhehei Scenic Area in Yunnan Province. The property will focus on design and its rocky surroundings.
• Hotel Indigo Jiuzhai. Close to the Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve in Sichuan Province, the boutique hotel focuses on outdoor activities combined with authentic Tibetan experiences.
• Even Hotel Chongqing Central Park. This wellness-focused hotel is located in the Yubei district of Chongqing, one of China's four direct-controlled municipalities, and has convenient access to Chongqing International Expo Centre and Chongqing International Airport.
• Even Hotel Xi'an High-Tech Zone. Another wellness-focused property, this one is located in Shaanxi province in the Xi'an High-Tech Development Zone in close proximity to a number of Fortune 500 companies including IBM, Intel, Microsoft and Huawei. The hotel will occupy the 32nd to 38th floors of a 200-metre-tall building within the zone.
• Holiday Inn & Suites Lanzhou Centre. This property is situated in the Lanzhou Centre building in a commercial district of Lanzhou in Gansu province, with train and metro access located nearby.
• Holiday Inn Express Guilin High-Tech Zone. Another property located within a High-Tech Zone, this time in Guilin in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. The hotel has been described as offering a "simple, smart travel experience" for guests who wish to "rest-and-go".
• Holiday Inn Express Meishan Dongpo. Situated nearby the centre of Meishan in Sichuan province on the upper floors of the Chunxi Square building, the hotel will be a short distance from the city's central business district.
These 10 new properties join a pipeline that also includes four new hotels in China under IHG's Even and Kimpton brands in Sanya, Shanghai and Jinan.
IHG currently has more than 330 hotels across nine of its brands in Greater China, the company's second-largest market globally.